Pizza dough in pizza recipes
Pizza dough is pretty much an essential ingredient in any pizza recipe.
After all you can’t have a pizza recipe without pizza dough, right?
For the best kind of pizza dough for your classical pizza recipe, try the following:
Classic pizza dough for pizza recipe
- Make the dough: mix 650g Italian 00 flour, 7g of easy-blend yeast and two teaspoons of salt in a large mixing bowl and stir in 25ml of olive oil and 50ml warm milk. Gradually add the water, mixing well to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out on to a floured work surface and knead for about five minutes, until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for about 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
- When the dough has risen, knock it back, then knead again until smooth, roll into a ball and set aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour until risen again.
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting.
- Divide the dough into six balls and roll each out onto a lightly floured work surface until 20cm/8in in diameter.
- Spread a little passata (or homemade tomato sauce) over each pizza base and top with your favourite toppings.
- Bake the pizzas in the oven until the bases are crisp and golden-brown around the edges and any cheese on the topping has melted.
That should give you an authentic pizza base – a pizza dough for your perfect pizza recipe.